Jesse has practiced in all areas of construction law, with a particular emphasis on disputes. He has acted for parties in various forms of dispute resolution including adjudication, arbitration, expert determination, litigation and mediation. Jesse has acted for parties in disputes arising out of:
- Construction and infrastructure projects;
- Residentials and commercials developments;
- Mining and resources projects.
In addition, Jesse has assisted the preparation of bespoke and Australian Standards contracts for construction work and related services, including design and construct contracts, consultancy agreements and project management agreements.
Jesse was admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia in 2015.
Examples of Jesse's experience include:
- acting for a civil contractor in Western Australian Supreme Court proceedings relating to the construction of a water pipeline to a mine site;
- acting for a Thai company in arbitration proceedings relating to the supply of accommodation modules to a mining village;
- acting for the responding party in Western Australian adjudication proceedings relating to works performed on a stadium project;
- acting for an electrical subcontractor in an expert determination relating to works performed at a major liquefied natural gas project;
- acting for a builder/developer in Western Australian Supreme Court proceedings relating to defective works performed by a mechanical services subcontractor.
Jesse graduated from the University of Notre Dame Australia with a Bachelor of Laws in 2013.
- Member of the Law Society of Western Australia