Marina is a New Zealand qualified solicitor with experience in contentious construction issues. Marina’s experience on contentious matters includes assisting in complex court proceedings and dispute resolution forums including mediation. Marina has specialist experience in disputes related to large scale defective building claims.
Examples of Marina's expertise include:
- acting in one of New Zealand’s largest defective building cases for homeowners relating to weathertightness, structural and fire safety issues against a local government body in a large multi-party litigation with remedial works valued at over $30 million;
- acting for several other large claimant groups of homeowners in relation to weathertightness, structural and fire safety issues in multi-party litigation with claims for remedial work in the range of $5 to $30 million;
- acting against contractors in connection with New Zealand High Court proceedings brought against them including alleged breaches of non-compliant fire safety issues in relation to a block of apartments;
- acting against a leading New Zealand construction company in relation to their role in the construction of a mixed residential and commercial complex with weathertightness and façade related defects;
- representing a fire engineer in a professional negligence claim in relation to reports issued for the construction of a residential apartment;
- advising a variety of contractors and homeowners in residential construction contract disputes in relation to payment disputes and claims.
Other activities and memberships
- New Zealand Law Society.