International Construction Law Conference
On Thursday 10 September Fenwick Elliott Partner, Nicholas Gould will be speaking at the International Construction Law Conference in association with King’s College London, Centre of Law and Dispute Resolution and the Academy of Experts.
The conference will overview London as a centre of excellence for the resolution of international construction disputes and provide delegates with a series of interesting and topical sessions on aspects of construction law and dispute resolution.
The keynote speech will be provided by Dame Finola O’Farrell DBE QC, Judge in Charge of the Technology and Construction Courts, a specialist group of Courts in the United Kingdom.
The topics and speakers are set out below.
- “Advanced technologies and the role of the expert“: Vivek Kapoor, Partner, 39 Essex Chambers; Howard Gendler, Partner, HKA; and Tanya Gross, Senior Managing Director, Ankura.
- “Life after death – contested issues following a termination“: Tony Dymond, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton; James Howells QC, Atkin Chambers; James Bowling, 4 Pump Court; and Jane Jenkins, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- “Can’t we just sort this out nicely? Contractual and non-contractual strategies for avoiding or amicably resolving disputes“: Adrian Bell, Partner, CMS; Charles Blamire-Brown, Partner, Pinsent Masons; David Pliener, Hardwicke Chambers; and Steve Abrahams, Partner, Baker McKenzie.
- “The increasing role of dispute boards in the international arena“: Nicholas Gould, Partner, Fenwick Elliott; Lindy Patterson QC, 39 Essex Chambers; and Nelson Ogunshakin, CEO, FIDIC.
- “New technology = fewer disputes?“: Emma Schaafsma, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills; Julian Bailey, Partner, White & Case; Angus Rankin, Partner, Hogan Lovells; and Ewen Maclean, Partner, Blackrock Expert Services.
- “Ensuring that arbitration meets the needs of each case“: Philip Clifford QC, Partner, Latham & Watkins; Anna Mills, Partner, DLA Piper; Professor Renato Nazzini, Kings College London; and Jonathan Hosie, Partner, Mayer Brown.
- “How differing international norms and practices in respect of disclosure and factual witnesses is embraced in the alternative forums for construction dispute resolution in London“: James Clarke, Partner, BCLP; Krista Lee QC, Keating Chambers; Hamish Lal, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld; and Arjun Agarwal, Senior Legal Counsel, Chevron Corporation.
- “Client perspectives and experiences on international arbitration arising out of major projects“: James Pickavance, Partner, Jones Day; Karin Griggel, General Counsel, Linde Engineering; Sevag Panossian, Senior Legal Counsel, Consolidated Contractors Company; and Tim Williams, Global Head of Disputes, Wärtsilä.
The conference will be held online on Thursday 10 September starting at 09.30 BST and will be free to attend.
For more information and to register for the event please click here.