Adele has wide-ranging experience in energy, construction and engineering disputes, advising domestic and international clients, including employers, contractors and subcontractors, in disputes arising from the design and construction of offshore wind farms, infrastructure projects and large-scale residential and commercial developments.
Adele has experience of all the major standard forms of contract, such as JCT and NEC, as well as bespoke contracts used for offshore and domestic construction and engineering projects.
Adele specialises in dispute avoidance and resolution. She has broad experience of adjudications, in particular those concerning disputes arising from the application and enforcement of contractual payment mechanisms. Adele also has experience of Technology and Construction Court (TCC) and Court of Appeal proceedings, arbitration and mediation.
Examples of Adele's expertise include:
- acting for a leading UK building and civil engineering contractor in multi-party TCC proceedings arising from the installation of defective chilled water pipework within a commercial building;
- acting for an employer in TCC and Court of Appeal proceedings against a contractor in connection with the design and installation of an offshore wind farm;
- acting for a subcontractor in TCC proceedings and at mediation against a national house-builder contractor with regard to the design of a new-build residential development;
- acting for an international employer against a contractor in a high-value professional negligence dispute concerning a data centre;
- acting for a referring party international subcontractor in adjudication proceedings against a contractor to recover payment for works carried out at a London landmark building;
- acting for a subcontractor in adjudication proceedings commenced by a contractor for timber-frame design and installation works at a large university project;
- acting for a referring party contractor in an adjudication against a local authority employer arising from the incorrect measurement of contract works carried out at a school demolition and redevelopment;
- acting for a referring party national building contractor in a payment dispute adjudication arising from delays to works and variation undertaken at a national airport.
Other activities and memberships
- Adele regularly contributes towards articles and case notes;
- She is a member of the Society of Construction Law, TeCSA and the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC).