Katherine has experience of both domestic and international construction and engineering disputes and advises both contractor and developer clients. Katherine has acted on matters in the Technology and Construction Court, the Court of Appeal and various international arbitrations.
Katherine has strong capabilities in respect of case strategy, submissions, witness statements, cost budgeting, disclosure and technical analysis of expert reports. Katherine is also active in contributing to sector know how through published updates and articles in industry press.
Examples of Katherine's expertise include:
- professional negligence dispute between Ove Arup and Persimmon Homes (and others) that was dealt with via preliminary issues which were ultimately heard by the Court of Appeal;
- two separate but related international arbitrations under the Danish Institute of Arbitration rules in respect of UK based biomass electricity plants;
- long running dispute in adjudication concerning detailed matters on delay and entitlement to liquidated damages in respect of the Mailbox development in Birmingham, acting for the developer. Dealing with the ensuing enforcement proceedings following a favourable award;
- long-term dispute between Heerema Hartlepool Ltd and Neptune E&P UK Ltd (formerly Engie E&P UK Ltd) concerning the fabrication and delivery of offshore gas platforms;
- complex adjudication in respect of entitlements to liquidated damages under a sub-contract concerning a large-scale London development, representing the main contractor. This adjudication ultimately led to injunctive proceedings in the TCC in respect of our client’s call on a performance bond; and
- PFI dispute in relation to the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital development in respect of claims for defects;
- dispute in adjudication in respect of cladding defects concerning an extensive refurbishment of an office block in North London;
- adjudication concerning liquidated damages and defects at a large supermarket development in Redhill, London;
- various final account adjudications on behalf of contractor clients.
Katherine’s Professional Memberships
- Member of the Technology and Construction Solicitor’s Association.