Beth has extensive experience in delivering specialist legal advice to developers, contractors and subcontractors on construction and engineering disputes. She has assisted in acting for domestic and international clients, on many forms of dispute resolution throughout the life cycle of a construction project.
Beth has acted in matters appearing in the Technology and Construction Court, High Court, County Courts, and international arbitration under ICC rules. She has represented clients in various forms of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation, negotiation and adjudication, and is experienced in providing in-project advice relating to payment, termination, defects, design cost liability, and insolvency
Examples of Beth’s expertise include:
- acting for a market-leading UK property developer on a complex final account dispute with an insolvent contractor, conducting adjudication proceedings, TCC proceedings, and mediation;
- advising a UK developer on a performance-related dispute with a contractor in respect of multiple high-end residential developments in Central London;
- advising an international contractor on various disputes arising out of the construction and refurbishment of several luxury hotel projects in central London;
- assisting in acting for a major UK civil engineering contractor in large-scale transport and infrastructure litigation in the Technology and Construction Court, with quantum of approximately £150 million, under an NEC 2 contract;
- acting for a variety of clients in numerous payment dispute adjudications and related enforcement proceedings;
- providing risk management advice during live construction projects, particularly regarding payment and delay, and drafting a variety of commercial offers and complex settlement agreements.