Stuart has a range of contentious and non-contentious experience in the construction, engineering and energy sectors, which includes assisting with litigation, international arbitration and adjudication proceedings. Stuart’s first role in the construction industry was based at the site office of the BBC Television Centre redevelopment in White City, where he helped the project team of a top UK main contractor draft a number of trade contracts.
Examples of Stuart's expertise include:
- acting for a main contractor in ICC arbitration proceedings against a design and engineering consultant relating to a major infrastructure project in the Middle East;
- acting for a specialist modular construction contractor on its construction of a new training facility for a Premier League football team;
- acting for a student accommodation developer on its claim against a local water company;
- acting for a concrete supplier in TCC proceedings against a contractor relating to the construction of a section of a major UK road;
- acting for a main contractor in SIAC arbitration proceedings against the employer in relation to the rehabilitation, design and construction of a road of national significance in Asia;
- acting for a main contractor in a dispute with a local authority arising out of the construction of a guided busway.
Other activities and memberships
Stuart regularly writes case notes for the Adjudication Society Newsletter and is a member of the Society of Construction Law.